Aurora Hardwood West Warrranty
This program is limited to residential application only and, unless stated otherwise, does not apply to commercial or industrial use. This warranty is extended to the original purchaser ONLY and is not transferable. It is the responsibility of the installer and/or home owner to inspect planks prior to installations. Planks that are defective or visually not acceptable, should be discarded or possibly used in another location of the room. Aurora Hardwood West accepts no responsibility for costs of product or labor when planks with visible defects have been installed.
As wood is a natural product industry standards allow for a defect/irregular tolerance of up to 5%.
This warranty applies only to material that is in EXCESS of this 5% allowance.
IMPORTANT: Aurora Hardwood West’s installation and maintenance guidelines MUST be followed as a condition for this warranty. Any floor installed outside of Aurora Hardwood West’s printed installation and maintenance parameters is subject to denial of the claim. Detailed installation instructions are stated on Aurora Hardwood West’s website along with maintenance guidelines at www.aurorahw.com
Limited Lifetime Structure Warranty
Aurora Hardwood West warrants that the residential flooring sold under this warranty is, at the time of sale, free from defects in material and manufacturing and that it conforms to Aurora Hardwood West’s standard specifications for the product category. Aurora Hardwood West further warrants that when installed and maintained according to Aurora Hardwood West specifications and when used according to its intended purpose, the flooring will not delaminate, separate, buckle or cup as a result of a manufacturing defect.
If your Aurora Hardwood West product fails for any of the above reasons, Aurora Hardwood West will replace or repair, at its option, a portion, or all of the flooring at no cost to the original purchaser as long as the original purchaser still owns the property where the floor was installed. Aurora Hardwood West warranty is only extended to flooring maintained in Normal Environmental Conditions. Meaning that the heating and ventilating systems are working to maintain an interior humidity level between 30% to 50% and a room temperature between 60ºF to 80ºF year round.
Color variations, mineral streaks, and small knots are considered part of the natural character and beauty of wood flooring and are not considered manufacturing defects.
Aurora Hardwood West warrants that the factory-installed finish on the Flooring is, at the time of sale, free from defects in material and manufacture and that it conforms to Aurora Hardwood West 's standard specifications for the finish. Aurora Hardwood West further warrants that when maintained according to Aurora Hardwood West 's cleaning and maintenance instruction and used for its intended purpose, the finish will not wear through to bare wood for the following years from date of purchase.
Residential Finish Warranty
25 YEAR LIMITED RESIDENTIAL FINISH WARRANTY
- Americana Collection (Smooth Products)
- Safari Collection
50 YEAR LIMITED RESIDENTIAL FINISH WARRANTY
- Melbourne Collection
- Americana Collection (Hand Scraped Products)
- Tea Collection
- Builder Collection
- YellowStone Collection
- Elkmont Collection
- Metropolitan Collection
The Aurora Hardwood West installation and maintenance instructions MUST be followed as condition for these Warranties to have effect. You may obtain these instructions directly from Aurora Hardwood West by printing them from this website or sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Moldings are not included under our Finish Warranty.
Only if your floor was professionally installed will it be eligible for any labor reimbursement for replacement or repair.
Light Commercial Warranty
Light Commercial Warranty
Aurora Hardwood West warrants its SAFARI, MELBOURNE, TEA, AMERICANA, BUILDER, YELLOWSTONE, ELKMONT and METROPOLITAN Collections for light commercial applications for period of 5-year finish and 5-year structural.
The Aurora Hardwood West installation and maintenance instructions MUST be followed as condition for these warranties to have effect. Failure to install your flooring in accordance with Aurora’s instructions will void all Warranties.
Warranty Exclusions and Limitations
- Failure to maintain the environment at a humidity range of 30% to 50% year round and a room temperature of 60º to 80ºF.
- Checks, splits, delamination caused by improper environmental conditions.
- Color variations in flooring are a natural occurrence due to species, age, character of flooring and exposure to UV light or sunlight. For these reasons, new and/or replacement flooring may not match display samples and/or existing flooring.
- Due to color variations of product and/or samples, Aurora Hardwood West is not responsible for the consumer matching flooring to other wood products, such as cabinets, stair railings, trim and any existing moldings.
- Normal exposure to sunlight will bring about changes in the shading of any hardwood floor as the floor ages. Area rugs should be moved occasionally as they block sunlight and may give the appearance of discoloring under the rug. This is not a product defect.
- Improper installation/maintenance and failure to adhere to Aurora Hardwood West installation/maintenance instructions.
- It is the responsibility of the installer and/or the homeowner to inspect boards prior to installation. Aurora Hardwood West accepts no responsibility for costs of product or labor when boards with visible defects have been installed.
- Indentations or scratches caused by furniture, appliances, pet claws, high heel shoes, spiked or damaged heels, cleats, sports shoes, pivot points (i.e. seating areas), wheel chairs, walkers, sand, pebbles or other abrasive materials.
- Installation over radiant floor heating with a surface temperature in excess of 85° F.
- Damage due to water and/or moisture including but not limited to damage resulting from broken or leaking pipes, wet mopping, weather conditions or natural disasters is excluded from Aurora Hardwood West warranties.
- Insect infestation after product leaves our facility.
- Abuse, neglect, abnormal use or misuse, application of solvents, corrosives, or other chemicals, etc. improper cleaning or maintenance products.
- Squeaking, popping and other noises are not covered by our warranty. Occasional noise is normal and can be expected on wood flooring, especially when nailed or stapled down. This is not considered a manufacturing defect.
- Minor surface cracks (checking), with no structural failure, may appear in surface of floor, and can be expected. This is a typical characteristic of natural wood and not a basis of a complaint against the manufacturer.
- Dimensional Changes: Throughout its life, wood will naturally expand and contract in response to the seasons and environment conditions in the home. Seasonal gapping can be expected, and is not a defect.
- Recoating or alterations to the original factory finish voids the finish warranty.
- Color variations, mineral streaks, and small knots are considered part of the natural character and beauty of wood flooring and are not considered manufacturing defects.
COLOR DIFFERENCES / SHOWROOM SAMPLES: Color change due to the effect of excessive exposure to sunlight, UV Rays, and lighting can cause considerable differences between your dealer’s display samples and new or existing flooring. Please approve the color of the actual flooring BEFORE installation, as Aurora’s warranty does not cover color differences between showroom samples and installed flooring.
Molding Structural Warranty
Aurora Hardwood West warrants to the original purchaser that the moldings will be free of defects in material and workmanship when installed and maintained according to Aurora Hardwood West specifications. If a molding fails, Aurora Hardwood West will replace or repair, at its option for as long as the original purchase still owns the property where the molding was installed. Inspect moldings before installation. Once material is installed it is considered accepted.
Although moldings are designed to be the closest representation of the actual floor, variation in color, texture, shading, grain, knots, gloss level, and distressing will be evident and in some species can be extensive. This is normal and is not considered a defect.
CAUTION: Carefully inspect moldings and approve before installation. If moldings are not acceptable DO NOT INSTALL. Once material is installed it is considered ACCEPTED.
NOTE: Moldings are not covered by a finish warranty.
Customer Claim Policies
- Claim must be presented by the original Dealer/Distributor that purchased the material through Aurora Hardwood West.
- Claim must have Dealer/Distributors invoice number from Aurora Hardwood West that the claim is associated with.
- Complete claim form in full and e-mail to email@example.com or fax to: (626) 269-6745
- Claim form must be complete, including square footage installed, square footage of complaint, material type, Aurora's original invoice# and purchase date, installation date and clear pictures showing area(s) of complaint.
- Claim department will then decide if a Certified Inspector will be scheduled, or material replaced.
- Claims are handled directly with the Dealer/Distributor. All findings will be sent to the Dealer/Distributor along with a letter of acceptance or denial of the claim. It is up to the Dealer/Distributor to pass findings along to the end user.
- Aurora Hardwood West must be given the opportunity to inspect the flooring before any removal or repairs. Any repairs or replacements before an Aurora Hardwood West inspection will void the warranty.
Any claim under the Residential Limited warranties shall be made by contacting your retailer within 30 days after it has been detected. Proof of purchase, including the date of purchase, must be presented to make a claim. All claims must be filed through your Aurora Hardwood West dealer.
If Aurora Hardwood West accepts a claim under the Residential Limited Warranties; it will repair or replace, as its option, the affected Aurora Hardwood West flooring materials. If the design for which a claim is made is no longer available, Aurora Hardwood West will replace the affected Aurora Hardwood West flooring materials with another design of equal value. These warranties are not transferable. They extend only to the original end-consumer.
Disclaimer - Term of Use
Aurora Hardwood West DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING DOWNTIME, LOSS OF USE OF FLOORING/FACILITIES/EQUIPMENT, LOSS OF PROFIT OR REVENUE. BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY AND DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THIS PRODUCT. THE ABOVE REMEDIES ARE THE CUSTOMER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR CLAIMS ON THIS PRODUCT.
This warranty constitutes the entire agreement of the parties, and no waiver or amendment shall be valid unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Aurora Hardwood West. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state.